- I hear people talking about their “plaques”- what are they?
Each plaque is a wooden board, about 12 inches wide and 17 inches tall. On top is a large plate with the dog’s name and breed. Below are 18 brass plates, each listing a title or award earned by you and your dog. Each year, the plaque gets updated with new titles. A smaller plaque, about half the size, with only six plates is also available.
- What do I have to do to get one?
You have to meet three criteria to be eligible
A. Submit a Title report for each title you and your dog earn by the end of the year.
B. Provide at least one service for the club during the year. (Fill out the service form)
C. Attend at least one general membership meeting during the year (sign the roster)
If you are eligible, you receive a letter in January listing the titles and awards for the plaque. Check it for accuracy and return it so that the plaque can be made or updated. You will receive the plaque in March at the awards banquet. Detailed instructions come with the award letter.
- How do I submit a Title Report?
Go to tinyurl.com/NOCItitleform and enter the information about your title. Don’t forget to hit “submit.” Or download the form from the club website, fill it in, and place it in the “WOOF Box” in the club office, or mail to the awards chairperson (Kimberly Young)
- Do I have to wait for my official title certificate before submitting a Title Report?
No. You may submit a title as soon as you earn it. Waiting for the official certificate may cause you to miss the deadline. You may wait until December to submit title reports for the entire year, but it is recommended that you submit titles as they are earned.
- I got a qualifying leg, but not a title. Do I need to submit this?
You may, but it is not required. Members who submitted Qs but did not earn titles are listed in each issue of the Fireplug.
- I received a national ranking for 2016, but it wasn’t announced until 2017. Have I missed the deadline for reporting this award?
No. Since these rankings are not issued until the following year, the deadlines for these are the following December. For example, 2016 rankings have a deadline of December 31, 2017.
- I made a mistake entering my information online. What do I do?
Email the awards chairperson (Kimberly Young – firstname.lastname@example.org) and explain the error. She will get it corrected in the club’s record.
- I forgot whether I submitted a particular title. What should I do?
The entire spreadsheet is available at tinyurl.com/NOCItitleawards. You can search within the spreadsheet, but you will not be able to edit it. Or you could just enter the title again.
- I missed the year-end deadline. Now what?
If you submit a title late, the club does not pay for the engraving. If you have a plaque on which the title will fit, you will have to reimburse the club for the engraving. However, if you do not already have a plaque, or your plaque is full, you would have to pay for a new plaque as well
110 W Woodstock St
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
June General Membership Meeting Cancelled!
We are all anxious to get into our new training hall and July 8th is still the target date. That being said, it will not be possible to have our June meeting in the new space. Instead we are planning an “Open House” celebration in July.
No June Obedience Fun Match
No classes week of 07/01/19 (July 4th Holiday Week).
- Due to the impending move of our training facility, the start date for Session 3 will be determined at a later date.
NOCI Logo Apparel
Drop In Obedience Training
Every Friday 10:00a.m. until 12:00p.m..
Sits and Downs at 11am.
NOTE: Last Drop In Training Is Friday, April 19th
Due to the impending move of our training facility, future Drop in Obedience Training Dates will be scheduled at a later date.
Click Here for more Info
- Donations being accepted for Food Pantry Donations for Pets. Click here for more information.